Surface Navy Association Video Competition
To creatively promote the values of the Surface Navy Association and to actively engage the Surface fleet and SNA members to choreograph and produce a Surface Warfare “spirit spot” video, showcasing Sailor’s lives in the Surface Navy and Coast Guard (at sea and ashore) or supporting surface warfare in industry.
Type of Recognition
- A monetary award will be given to the command’s MWR fund or to the industry individual or group.
- Cash prizes will be: 1st place - $600, 2nd place - $300 and 3rd place - $200.
- Invitation to the SNA annual Symposium to a single representative from the winning video.
- Only one video entry per command or industry group.
- Video must be no more than 2 minutes in length.
- Video must incorporate SNA logo a minimum of two times.
- The video must portray Surface Warfare in a positive light. Must pass all Navy and Coast Guard safety standards and be in good taste and conduct. Must be unclassified – no scenes with classified material/spaces in the background. No solicitation for corporate businesses. Must not have been published previously.
- If music or any other audio is included in the video, it must be royalty-free or have proof of authorization for use to prevent copyright violations.
Although SNA membership is encouraged, it is not required. Video must meet the above criteria.
Videos will be submitted by 01 October online to National and the Awards Committee will vote based on the above criteria. Videos will be judged based on merit for creativity, artistic quality, and portraying a positive image of surface warfare. Videos will be showcased at the SNA Symposium.